CRM software is a great business tool. It allows your staff to be up-to-date on all customer information, it measures your sales activities in real-time, it measures the return on investment of your marketing and ad campaigns, it helps your sales team stay focused on good sales opportunities, and it does so much more. That is why it is important that if your CRM software is not working or isn’t up-to-date that you rectify this problem as soon as you can. Here are some signs that it is high time for you to replace your current CRM software.
1. When communications with customers start occurring outside of the CRM software, it is time to reevaluate your current system. The problem with interacting with customers outside of the CRM system is that you no longer have a direct way to manage your customer’s experience with your business.
2. If a customer calls your business and the only person who can assist them is a salesperson then you have a problem with your CRM system. Your system is supposed to make customer interactions with your business uniform and consistent. Any employee should be able to assist a customer with a question or issue through the CRM system. If you can’t do this you need to replace your CRM system.
3. It is time to replace your CRM software when your sales team has to type their emails to customers manually. CRM software when working properly effectively works to nurture and generate leads for the sales team. They won’t need to be typing out messages to customers because the CRM software will be automatically sending messages that are consistent throughout the business so that you can rest assured that your business tone and customer experience is consistent and in-line with your business’s goals.
4. When a new salesperson takes over an existing account they should not be confused about the status of the customer or their needs. People quit and move on and are fired or retire. There are going to be new salespeople working accounts that used to be worked by former employees. If your sales staff is confused about where a customer is at or what they need then your CRM software is not working the way it should be and needs to be replaced.
5. You should not be measuring the performance of your sales team based only on their sales results. If your CRM system is working the way it should be you will be able to see and measure the activities and behaviors that lead up to and through the final sales. This information will help you manage your sales staff in a better way.
6. Your marketing efforts and marketing automation should be contributing and generating leads for your sales staff. If your sales team is not seeing the value of the leads generated by your marketing automation than your CRM system is in desperate need of being replaced. Your sales and marketing efforts need to need to be working in tandem to generate and convert leads to sales. If these efforts are disjointed your CRM system most likely needs to be replaced.
7. Your website is another great way to generate sales leads. However, if it takes you too long to respond to these leads they will not be as effective and you may lose them completely. If it takes you four hours or more to respond to website leads it is time to look at your CRM software and move to replace it.
8. One of the great aspects of CRM systems is their ability to forecast future sales. If your CRM forecasts are highly inaccurate, it is time to replace your CRM system.
Your CRM system can work wonders for your business. However, if you want the best results it is important to stay up-to-date with the latest and best software.