Most of us have heard the term “email marketing” and experience it daily in our inboxes. Whether it’s a coupon to your favorite store or a email newsletter from your industry you are the recipient of email every day. It is a vibrant, cost effective and growing way to reach your target market in a place they visit frequently – their inbox.
What is Email Marketing?
The commonly accepted definition provides that Email Marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves sending ads, requesting business, or soliciting sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. This can be done to either cold lists or current customer database.
Email Marketing Examples
• Send emails to existing clients or customers in order to strengthen the relationship, reinforce behavior, create loyalty or repeat business.
• You can send emails to prospects with the goal of acquiring new customers or followers.
• Can send informative newsletters via email to provided added value to customers or to engage and attract new customers with the email content.
• Send Emails to Drive B2B Sales.
• Partner with other companies to advertise within their email or newsletter to reach their target audience.
The primary purposes of email marketing are to grow readership and make sales. Most businesses large and small would benefit from increased connection to their customers outside of the store and the opportunity to connect with qualified prospects who are looking for the services or products offered.
It enables monitoring efficacy of a marketing campaign, provides a measure of return on investment that is substantially higher than with other, more traditional, marketing campaigns. Learn more about how to get the most bang from your buck in our article on How to Increase Profits with Email Marketing. Through an effective campaign you can use email to continuously drive new customers and sales!
Want to learn more? Watch our new webinar, “From email newsletters to email marketing that drives sales”.