Recently, Doug Morneau of the Real Marketing Real Fast Podcast sat down in the studio with Craig Klein, CEO of SalesNexus to discuss the two main challenges that slow growth for Small and Medium Sized Businesses.
Number one, potential customers just don’t know that they even exist.
Number two, salespeople are investing too much time seeking out customers who don’t need what they’re selling instead of helping those that do.
Only got a minute? Scroll on for 8 Quick Tips on solving these common sales problems!
Quick Tips on How to Target, Connect and Convert Sales Leads with Craig Klein
- Everybody’s trying to move the sales numbers. That’s not unique or different. It’s all about how do we do it, right?
- So we just try to make it easy for the salesperson to see the lead when it’s available, also to give teams a way to sort of autoroute leads to the right people at the right time.
- What that means is that leaves zero time for salespeople to focus on the leads that said no last month or a quarter ago or six months ago. When you run the numbers, that is such a lost opportunity. It’s just huge for any business.
- If you and I talked six months ago and I presented you my product and you said no and now you’re on my lead nurturing campaign.
- Stepping into the customer’s world and understanding their needs is the number one way to create good marketing content.
- Now what I see in articles and webinars and things is it takes seven or eight touches to close a sale. You’ve got to automate some of it.
- We like to on not just how many new leads did I talk to but how many new leads did I identify, whatever that looks like in your world.
- What I see businesses do is they try to motivate salespeople to be part of the system by handing them nice little bells and whistles, and that just doesn’t work.
Have a tip you’d like to add? Comment below and join the discussion!